Saturday, December 17

More Death Thoughts. Fun!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

How could my grandparents NOT attend their own son's funeral? I just found out from my FRIEND last night (not my family) that my grandparents didn't go to my uncle's service. At first I thought that perhaps they didn't make the trip up to North Carolina because they just flew into Florida on Wednesday. But no. Apparently they decided long ago that they didn't think they could handle it. WTF?!?

Maybe that's being a little judgmental considering I too did not attend the service. We all grieve in our ways blahdy blah. But DAMN. Their own son?!?! I'm kind of horrified.

Who would show up to my funeral? God, that is depressing. Excluding family members, I think, barring travel expenses, perhaps 30. Maybe. Not all of those people are friends--ha! If only I had a loving crowd like that. But I think they'd show up if I fucking DIED.

I think, though, that it would take people a while to notice I died. If I croaked in my apartment tonight, I think it would take a week before anyone noticed. Well, maybe not this particular week, what with the holidays and everything, I am very much expected certain places. But in normal life, I think it would take a week. My parents would think I was just busy and wasn't returning calls. My appointments would wonder what the fuck happened, but I don't think they'd come banging on my door. My kitties are totally going to eat my eyeballs.

No comments: