Tuesday, January 30

Four On The Floor

I rehired one of my old trainers.

I've gone through 5 a half trainers in the last 5 years. Number two I was with for over two years. I only stopped with him because his schedule changed. Number one was the guy I was working out with when I hurt my back and ended up needing surgery, so that's understandable. Number three went batshit crazy. Number five was just a strange dude. He made working out...not fun anymore. That's no good. And the "half"? Well, I only worked out with him a couple times. He seemed to think we were on a more committed basis than we really were. I told him from the beginning that I was going to test out a few people, and I wasn't committing to him. He's a sweet guy, just not what I'm looking for when I go to the gym.

So why did I rehire number four? First and foremost, he's a good trainer. And I had fun with him...WHEN things worked. When they didn't, well, let's just say we could clash. But I was thinking about that today as I found I had run out of trainers to try at my gym. I recognized that he and I never clashed until "douchebag" entered the picture. Douchebag (or DB for short, as I will now refer to him) planted all these niggling little thoughts in my head that led to greater and greater dissatisfaction with number four. Cuz DB was a fucking MASTER at that. The guy is a genius at mental manipulation. Seriously fucking good.

So let's see how it goes with "four" this time around. I think we'll do just fine. There's kind of a sibling vibe there, and I think we both had enough of our time outs.

No comments: