Tuesday, February 27

Picture Peek

Finally got back to NY. Took the redeye (not recommended) on JetBlue (unreliable), although this time I only sat on the runway for 45 minutes rather than 10 and 1/2 hours. Being in the JetBlue terminal at JFK was total PTSD, though.

I worked the Oscar swag suites last Thursday and Friday. That was certainly interesting. It's so easy to get caught up in it all but thank god I kept a bit of cynical distance. What a trip. I was better at it than I thought I would be, but at least my lips didn't get chapped from too much ass-kissing. Granted, I was nicer than I authentically felt towards a few of the "celebs". But I guess that's the game. Some, especially the younger girls, were actually sweethearts. Only one was a royal pain in the ass (I'm talking to you, former Laverne & Shirley cast member. You're just plain mean lady.)

But the point of this post is the pictures. Wow, that was some alliteration there. Most of these are Joie photos, of course, as I was mainly documenting the migration. I'm not posting any of his show photos. You can see those over on Joie's blog. So here we go:


Forgot to post this one from the Maryland airport. Still can't believe we went to frigging Maryland in order to fly to L.A. Kee-razy.


Tuggin' luggage.


He looks all suspicious in the doorway


Texty in the Starbucksy


Out with my friends. Little Lindsay is getting married! To a great guy, Jason, who is sitting on the left there. After this photo we went to go see Jason play at the Viper room. Liked the venue a lot. Better than the Whiskey, that's for sure. You know what? They confiscated my gum at the Whiskey! My gum! Dangerous gum...


I seriously don't remember where I took this picture.


Pre-gig. Watching Joie do his eyeliner in the parking lot across from the Rainbow was hee-larious.


I like this photo. All moody and junk.


I've never seen anyone get so lounge-y and comfy in a passenger seat.


I think I've created a Carl's Jr. monster. Nah, he's probably back to staying away from fast food and carbs already.


I'm all teary-eyed behind the sunglasses. Thank god for sunglasses.


He's carting all his worldly possessions into his new place.


While I sit in the car and mope.


He keeps carting.


And I keep moping.


Moooooooopppppppee.


One last photo, with my eyes all glassy from crying.


And he waves bye-bye...

This is proving to be a difficult adjustment. I'm in grief right now. I'm a little (a little) surprised at how hard it was and is. I thought that after so many days together, we'd probably drive each other totally nuts and I'd be glad to go. But instead it was easier and more fun every day (even with my periodic crankiness or daily dose of eye-tearing). So, yeah, it's a toughie.

But I love my friend, and I want for him what makes him happy.

No comments: